ICOM NATHIST 2017 Trade Fair
October 25-26, 2017
Rules and Regulations
- ELIGIBILITY, SPACE ASSIGNMENT, AND RELOCATION: Carnegie Institute, d/b/a Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh (“CMP”) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether any person or organization shall be eligible to be an Exhibitor. Whenever possible, space assignments will be made by CMP in keeping with the preferences expressed by Exhibitor. CMP reserves the right to make the final determination of all space assignments, including relocation of Exhibitor, if deemed to be in the best interests of the Trade Fair.
- LICENSE FEE, PAYMENT SCHEDULE, AND CANCELLATION/REFUNDS: Licensees who submit reservation applications (“Applications”) before July 14, 2017, shall pay a nonrefundable deposit payment in the amount of 50% of the License Fee at the time of the submittal of the Application. The remaining 50% shall be due on or before September 1, 2017. For all Applications received after July 14, 2017, the License Fee must be paid in full with the Application. Payments not made by the above dates may, at the discretion of CMP, result in cancellation of the Licensed Space reservation. The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and reimburse CMP for all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred in connection with Licensee’s failure to pay the License Fee or other costs due CMP under this paragraph 2. Any request to cancel the use of the Licensed Space must be made in writing to CMP (email or fax is accepted) on or before July 14, 2017. If said cancellation request is made on or before that date, Exhibitor will be entitled to a refund of the License Fee less the nonrefundable 50% deposit. For cancellations received after July 14, 2017, Exhibitors are liable for 100% of the License Fee.
- SUBLETTING SPACE: No Exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or apportion the whole or any part of the Exhibit Space allotted or any other goods, apparatus, etc., than those manufactured or sold by the Exhibitor in the regular course of business.
- OPERATION OF DISPLAYS: CMP reserves the right to restrict the operation of, or terminate the license, of any exhibit of Licensee which detracts from the general character of the Trade Fair as a whole. This includes, but is not limited to, an exhibit which, because of noise, flashing lights, method of operation, or display of unsuitable materials are determined by CMP to be objectionable to the successful conduct of the Trade Fair. Exhibitors must adhere to the guidelines provided in the Exhibitor Service Manual for all displays/exhibits. All demonstrations or other activities must be confined to the limits of the Exhibit Space. Sufficient space must be provided within the Exhibit Space for the comfort and safety of all involved. Exhibitors who assemble a display that does not meet stated guidelines or obstructs sight to other Exhibitor booths will have their booths moved, rearranged, or dismantled at their expense.
- EXHIBITORS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE: Each Exhibitor must name one person to be the representative responsible for the installation, operation and removal of the exhibit. This representative shall be authorized to enter into service contracts as may be necessary and for which the Exhibitor shall be responsible. The Exhibitor will assume responsibility for such representative being in attendance throughout the Trade Fair hours and this representative shall be responsible for keeping the exhibit manned and orderly at all times. For safety purposes, children under the age of 18 will not be admitted in the Trade Fair during move-in or move-out.
- EXHIBIT SERVICES: (a) CMP has selected Stetson Convention Services as the official decorator to provide labor and equipment to Exhibitors at prevailing rates. (“Services”) CMP assumes no liability or responsibility related to the performance of such Services; and (b) Exhibitors who wish to use an Exhibit Appointed Contractor (“EAC”) must notify CMP at least thirty (30) days prior to move-in. CMP has the right, in its sole discretion, to deny Exhibitor’s request to use such EAC. If CMP approves Exhibitor’s request, Exhibitor shall require such EAC Contractor to maintain insurance with provisions and amounts as stated in paragraph 5 of the Agreement and Exhibitor shall cause EAC Contractor to provide a certificate of insurance to CMP as proof of the required coverages.
- INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL: The Trade Fair schedule is set forth in paragraph 3 of Exhibit A. Installation of all exhibits must be fully completed by the opening time of the Trade Fair. Any space not claimed and occupied one hour prior to opening, will be considered as a “no show” and may be resold or reassigned without refund. No Exhibitor will be allowed to dismantle or repack any part of their exhibit until after the closing of the Trade Fair. Removal of exhibits must be completed by the official move-out time. Exhibitor agrees to remove all garbage and debris from the Exhibit Space upon termination of this Agreement and return the Exhibit Space to its prior condition. Exhibitor shall be responsible for any damage to the Exhibit Space caused by its use during the Term, including any costs incurred to clean or repair property provided by CMP.
- UNION LABOR: Exhibitors shall be bound by all contracts in effect between service contractors, the exhibition venue, and labor organizations.
- PROHIBITED MATERIALS: Hazardous Material(s) are not permitted on CMP property. A Hazardous Material is any item or agent (biological, chemical, radiological, and/or physical), which has the potential to cause harm to humans, animals, or the environment, either by itself or through interaction with other factors. Examples of Hazardous Materials include aerosol cans, hazardous wastes, solvents, gasoline, acids, bases, chemicals that produce hazardous vapor if inhaled, substances that are unstable outside of a natural environment, and any substance or chemical when mixed with another can produce a volatile environment or situation that can physically harm guests and or event participators.
- STORAGE OF PACKING CRATES AND BOXES: Exhibitors will not be permitted to store packing crates and boxes in their booths during the exhibit period but when properly marked, will be stored and returned to the booth by service contractors. The removal and return of large crates that cannot be handled by hand trucks will be charged at prevailing rates. Crates not properly marked may be destroyed. CMP assumes no responsibility for the contents of crates or boxes improperly labeled as “empty.” Refer to Exhibitor Service Manual for additional details.
- NOISE LEVEL RESTRICTION: Sound levels must be kept at a volume not to exceed that of normal conversations (<85 decibels), must not interfere with neighboring Exhibitors and must be devoted exclusively to the business of the Exhibitor.
- DIRECT SALES: Sales are permitted only within the booth area. It is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor to comply with federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances concerning sales, including tax and license fees.
- LITERATURE DISTRIBUTION: Distribution of literature may be made only within the Exhibit Space assigned to the Exhibitor distributing such materials. Advertising literature may not be distributed by Exhibitors in the aisles, meeting rooms, registration or reception areas, lounges or other CMP space.
- COPYRIGHT LICENSES: Exhibitor is solely responsible for obtaining any required licenses to broadcast, perform, or display any copyrighted materials including but not limited to music, video and software.
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE: The Exhibitor may not provide alcoholic beverages in the Exhibit Space. Beverages and food may not be brought into the Exhibit Space from outside by Exhibitor. Such beverages and food are provided by CMP and must be purchased through the CMP’s approved in-house caterer and approved in advance by CMP.
- SECURITY: Security officers reserve the right to inspect all bags, boxes or packages upon entry and exit. Umbrellas, cases and bags over 13” x 17” can damage artworks and specimens and may be required to be checked in lockers. General security will be provided in the Exhibit Space, however, CMP has no responsibility for Exhibitor materials or booth contents.
- CONFLICTING MEETINGS AND SOCIAL ACTIVITIES: In the interest of the entire ICOM NATHIST Conference, Exhibitor agrees not to extend invitations to meetings, receptions, outings, social events, or otherwise encourage attendee absence from the ICOM NATHIST Conference.
- AMENDMENT TO RULES: CMP may make reasonable changes, amendments or additions to these Rules and Regulations that it may deem necessary for the proper conduct of the Trade Fair. Any such changes shall be binding on Exhibitors.